March 14, 2019 – Judge L. Thomas Austin set bond for Charles Henry Skibbe at $50,000 in Sequatchie County General Sessions Court yesterday, with several provisions: Skibbe is to wear an ankle monitor and have no contact with the victim. If bond is made, he is to return to court with an attorney on April 5; if bond is not made, his next court appearance is March 27.
Skibbe was arrested Monday, March 11, in the parking lot of the Dunlap Walmart while attempting to purchase a handgun from an undercover agent, reportedly to kill his ex-wife and her male friend.
He has been charged with unlawful possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and felony possession of methamphetamine for resale, but the investigation is ongoing.
Skibbe is being held at the Sequatchie County Justice Center, and as of noon today he had not made bond.
In other bond hearings, Judge Austin:
- Set bond for Jeffery L. Williams at $5,000, charged with felony evading arrest, resisting arrest, and various drug charges.
- Denied bond to Robert Griffith, charged with criminal impersonation, as well as several drug and traffiic violations.
- Denied bond to Jeremy Frank Castle, charged with violation of order granting bail.
Judge Austin bound over three cases to the Grand Jury:
- Cindy Lee Sexton, charged with DUI.
- Carla Marshall, charged with aggravated burglary and theft of property.
- Terry McGraw, charged with felony evading and several traffic violations.
The following cases were settled with guilty plea or plea bargain:
- Kaitlyn Grace Anderson, disorderly conduct.
- Tracey C. Tinsley, reckless driving and implied consent.
- Scott Shrader, judicial diversion for possession of Schedule I – heroin and simple possession of Sched. VI.
- Kerry A. Seifried, stalking (with other charges dismissed).
- Jeremy E. George, judicial diversion for simple possession.
GENERAL SESSIONS COURT – MARCH 4
On Monday, March 4, Judge Austin also rendered these decisions:
- Scott A. Payne, guilty plea to public intoxication.
- Lyndsie Griffith, guilty plea to misdemeanor theft..