Feb. 21, 2019 – Judge Curtis Smith set a trial date of Aug. 21-22 for the murder trial of Jerri L. Sanders in Sequatchie County Circuit Court Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Sanders is charged with 2nd degree murder in the stabbing death of her husband, John Wayne Sanders, in October 2017.
Trial dates also were set for the following cases:
- Dylan Rowell, for felony evading, aggravated assault, and illegal possession of a weapon, Aug. 9.
- Mitchell Hudson, for felony sale/felony delivery of over a half-gram of Schedule II drugs, May 31.
- Rickey Johnson, for 2 counts of aggravated assault and reckless endangerment, April 24.
- Cody Ray Higdon, for violation of an order of protection, Sept. 11.
- Mitchell King, for 3 counts rape of a child, 3 counts sexual battery by an authority figure, and 4 counts of aggravated sexual battery, Nov. 6-7.
Judge Smith accepted guilty pleas in the following cases:
- Kelly Sherman, for felony possession of over a half-gram of Sched. II, felony possession Sched. VI, and drug paraphernalia.
- Daniel Nelms, for DUI, DUI with child under 18, and implied consent.
- Clark S. Morris, for aggravated assault.
- Amanda Keener, for felony sale/felony delivery Sched. II over half-gram.
- Richard Raines, for felony possession Sched. II over half-gram and drug paraphernalia.
- James Young, for aggravated assault.
- Latisha Grandey, DUI .08.
- David Haynes, 2 counts aggravated assault.
- Jacob Underwood, for felony evading, theft, and paraphernalia.
GENERAL SESSIONS COURT
In Sequatchie County General Sessions Court Tuesday, Feb. 19, Judge L. Thomas Austin received a guilty plea from William James Wetherbee on the charge of DUI, with traffic charge dismissed.
He also accepted a guilty plea from Tonya Springs for domestic assault, with additional charge dismissed.
In bond hearings, Judge Austin set bond as follows:
- Dale Allen Slaughter, $1,000 signature bond.
- Sherry Lynn Slaughter, $2,500.
- John Wayne Griffith, denied.
- Reinier Trujillo Nunez, denied.